Friday, August 13, 2010

Peanut Butter Memories

Peanut butter is a semi-solid and can therefor...Image via Wikipedia

My sons are flying in from Portland and Brooklyn. We are headed to our cottage for a family week after we play tourist in my hometown, Milwaukee.

I rushed around all morning "getting ready" then hunted for something to eat, before sitting down to write, and found the peanut butter. I took three pieces of toast and coated them with the crunchy spread then devoured them all. I am full with peanuts and memories, now.

There were many PB & J's packed in school lunches in the eighties. In the 90's there was little time and little interest in bagged lunches but somehow a jar of peanut butter disappeared each week. In the 00's we kept up the pace and now, as I said, I am holding my own by devouring hefty portions of the stuff in one sitting.

If you are getting ready to spend time with your family, no matter how old they are, please stop rushing and try a peanut butter sandwich. I think it will make you smile, but, I know it will slow you down. That must be the real reason peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth.

No comments: