Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's a social media disease.

Free twitter badgeImage via Wikipedia

Okay. I will admit it. I am overwhelmed. There are so many resources for posting out there that I am on the verge of dying from redundancy.

Did you notice my blog yesterday? Between Twitter and Facebook it was posted SIX TIMES! Now, I think I am pretty progressive but how on earth was I to know that all my tools - blogspot, twitter, facebook,tumblr and hootsuite - would do the posting (and then reposting...ugh) for me?

So here's the way it works. I write the blog post. I post it on the VIP Leadership facebook page. It posts to the Kathy Larson profile. Tumblr picks it up and reposts it. Next, Hootsuite publishes it on twitter. And then...facebook posts to Twitter!

It seems in our quest to become "social" we have created a reposting matrix that acts like a virus. I like to write but even I don't want to read my stuff that many times...

So if you see multiple posts from that look like spamming, I am sorry. I have a social media disease. Don't worry it's not contagious.

No comments: